If you appreciate the work that I am doing and would like to send donations, here I can guide you. I'd like to write my little thoughts on the donation.
- First of all, all my activities are just for fun. I'll work on a thing that somewhat I'm interested in, when I'd like to.
- Donations with a request may change the priority of my interest, however, I DO NOT WARRANT ANY GIVES TO THE SUPPORTER.
- Donations are welcome regardless of its amount! Name your price in your free mind, and use the saved budgets for your favorite artists. ♥
- You can send your donation via PayPal.Me
Many thanks to everybody who is donating something, no matter if it's a big or small amount, your support is really valuable to me!
If you are going to rip a game that uses standard DS sound format (SDAT), you do not need to read this guide. You can use VGMToolbox to convert directly DS ROM to 2SF. I also recommend you to create NCSF instead of 2SF.
If it’s not the case, it requires a manual ripping.Read more
Here I introduce my PSF ripping method.
I assume you already know about the following things:
- What is PSF? - A format for video game music rips. In most cases, a PSF is a compressed game ROM whose non-sound stuff is removed by ripper.
- "Streamed?" "Sequenced?" What's the difference? etc. - Read PSF Frequently Asked Questions - Neill Corlett's Home Page
- What is pointer)? - For this purpose, I recommend you to learn C.
- Do I need to learn assembly? - At least you need to know basics. (for example: "What is a register?" "What is a stack?") If you already know one of assemblies, I think you can solve your problems during ripping by pinpoint googling.
- Emulator (Debugger) - such as no$psx or no$gba debugger
- It must have step execution function. (Step Into, Step Over, Run To Return)
- It definitely should have a function that can change instructions by using assembly.
- It should change register value. (If not available, use an external tool such as MHS.)
- IDA Pro - it will help you in reading assembly a lot. See also: IDA Pro - How To Load Game ROM
- Memory Scanner - such as Cheat Engine or Memory Hacking Software (MHS).
- This tool is optional. It is handy when the emulator does not have built-in RAM search function.
- It can be used to set a memory breakpoint, when the emulator does not have a memory breakpoint feature. (thankfully, nocash debuggers has the feature)
Typical structure of unaltered game
I think a game has routines like the following typically:Read more